Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Location: Houston, TX
We are currently partnering with an industry-leading organization on a search for an Accountant to support this firm's goal of substantial growth.
- Centrally located
- Great benefits
- Pays to $85K
- Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to gather information for use in SEC filings
- Ensure compliance with SEC XBRL filing requirements
- Assist with drafting of financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Book journal entries and prepare account reconciliations
- Research, interpret and communicate US GAAP and SEC regulations
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of our quarterly review and annual audit
- Coordinate the financial reporting for employee benefit plans and captive insurance companies
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements, as requested
- Special projects as needed
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred
- 5 plus years of accounting experience
Additional education and experience preferred:
- General understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and SEC regulations
To be considered for this role, email your resume in .doc or .docx (Word) format to HoustonAF@LucasGroup.com or submit it through this online listing.