Lucas Group has partnered with our real estate client on their search for an Accountant. The Accountant will report to the Financial Controller and is to assume responsibility in assisting the controller with Accounts Payable and the preparation of the monthly financial statements.
What you will do
- Manage processes for accounts payable and receivable
- Support the day-to-day accounting operations and month-end close
- Aid in the preparation and delivery of monthly financial statements
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
- Proactively exhibits accountability for his/her areas of responsibility and pursues process improvement
- Additional operational responsibilities as required.
Basic qualifications for this role
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience
- Experience with Yardi is highly preferred
- Familiarity with PAYSCAN or similar AP program preferred
- Self-starter and must be able to work autonomously