Role and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, or mail; use various industry portals / software applications to download and print customer communications including purchase orders, payment details and other materials needed to perform the A/R function.
- Use various industry portals / software applications to request payment on invoiced jobs
- Posts revenues and payments by verifying before entering transactions. Receive, enter, and deposit payments promptly
- Align job paid through dates to vendor invoices, working with vendors to ensure all vendor paid through status is coordinated with customer paid through status (ground, rough, trim)
- Resolve valid or authorized back-charge deductions by entering corrections to customer accounts.
- Create customer invoice(s) in QuickBooks from the Purchase Order, as needed.
- Close customer job(s) after final review of information and payment(s) received
- Act as back up person for Accounts Payable to cut checks for vendor invoices due.
- Lien Waivers, when necessary and with prior approval from senior management, issue Notices of Intent to Lien on all billings that have not been paid within 45 days after the date of the billing, and issue Liens on final billings that have not been paid within 60 days after the date of the billing.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Related College Degree (Preferred)
- At least 3+ years billing, accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, ability to perform accounting functions
- Computer knowledge including QuickBooks, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Sheets
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to manage work responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator
- Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- Billing: 2 years (Preferred)