Lucas Group is engaged on an exclusive search for a fast group multi-location company on the West part of Houston. The Staff Accountant will support the Finance Department with accounts payable and other accounting functions as needed. The individual will work with various departments to support the Company’s goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure vendor invoices are processed timely and accurately.
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
· Reconcile and code monthly credit card statements.
· File invoices and maintain vendor records.
· Process 1099 files at year end.
· Maintain lease schedules.
· Daily cash reconciliation.
· Maintain accounting schedules.
· Maintain state and local filings.
· Assist with financial analysis and reporting.
· Maintain accounting records, as required, per company policy and required for GAAP and audit requirements (documentation, approvals, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function.
EDUCATION & SKILL SET
· 3-5 years of experience in the field of Finance or Accounting
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
· Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and with external contacts
· Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple entities
· Ability to interpret and disseminate information to individuals and groups
· Experience using Great Plains
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)