Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Position: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor: Ensure the safety of the operations personnel in your department while meeting customer production requirements and striving to meet and exceed company quality, delivery and cost metrics. Responsible for promoting a safe work environment and preventing injuries through the use of, but not limited to, 5S, job rotation, and ergonomic work practices.
- Supervise production team members performing production operations. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of the UAW contract, team member handbook, safety guidelines, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- Give work assignments to the departmental employees.
- Plan and execute the weekly press/production utilization schedule.
- Monitor timekeeping system (Kronos) and ensure all necessary adjustments are made prior to payroll close.
- Evaluate probationary team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc. Recommend candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer or release.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot using problem solving tools such as 8D’s, 5Why, Kepner Tregoe etc.
- Lead team with excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Documents any and all problems and provides action plans with manager.
- Observe production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment. Take corrective action to eliminate any deviation from the preestablished hourly production rate.
- Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment. Instill good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that the plant is ready for visitors at all times.
- Able to lead Kaizen Events to ensure continuous improvement of the area.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing within the assigned department at authorized levels. Re-assigns team members to eliminate unfavorable labor variances while maintaining Direct Labor Efficiency goals.
- Responsible to process all non-conforming parts and products to ensure accurate inventory accounts within department.
- Work with Quality Assurance personnel to maintain superior quality productivity.
Title: 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
Location: Detroit, MI
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: