This position provides the leadership and vision to develop a manufacturing environment that is safe, efficient and focused on continuous improvement initiatives. The purpose and function of the Maintenance Manager position is to direct and lead the activities of the maintenance department responsible for both preventive and breakdown maintenance of manufacturing machinery, associated subsystem equipment, and facilities.
- Direct and manage plant maintenance operations in support of manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate maintenance activities through planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Schedule preventive maintenance.
- Manage the purchase of spare parts and tools.
- Manage indirect budgets as well as janitorial and landscape contracts.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall departmental performance for machine downtime.
- Maintain existing plant equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives including the development and leadership to maintenance staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven hands on experience using 5-S, Kaizen, TPM, SMED and other lean manufacturing tools.
- Proven experience as a maintenance craftsman, maintenance supervisor, or maintenance engineer.
- Mechanical aptitude; able to understand machinery, decipher blueprints, basic metallurgy
- Extensive experience in successful process improvement and project management through the application of Lean & Design Excellence methodologies.